Minnesota Resources

To find out about key benefits and services in Minnesota and how to apply, select from the menu below on the left.

Private Sponsor Organizations are local, regional, and national organizations that recruit, support, and oversee private sponsor groups as they prepare for, receive, and guide refugee newcomers arriving through the Welcome Corps. Organizations may be locally based or work in coordination with local partners or local networks. PSOs coach Private Sponsor Groups in carrying out core private sponsorship services, including making connections with local community organizations and services. They also support Private Sponsor Groups in navigating the sponsorship process, including group dynamics and supporting refugees from diverse experiences and backgrounds. Learn more about the role of Private Sponsor Organizations here.

Minnesota-based PSOs

Visit website


National-level PSOs

Catholic Charites of Onondaga County

Visit website


Church World Service

Visit website


Ethiopian Community Development Council

Visit website



Visit website


Homes for Refugees USA

Visit website


IRIS – Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services

Visit website


International Institute of Metropolitan St. Louis

Visit website


International Rescue Committee

Visit website


Rainbow Railroad

Visit website



Visit website


World Relief

Visit website

Refugee and Newcomer Health

Refugee Health Assessment

The Refugee Health Assessment is a special medical appointment for people that are newly arrived to the United States. The Minnesota Department of Health Refugee Health Program trains the health care providers who do these clinic visits to provide the best care possible to newcomers to the country. The health care providers will also refill medication and help ensure newcomers have a primary doctor and can go to specialty doctors if needed (like a heart doctor or orthopedist). Typically, a Refugee Health Assessment takes 1-2 clinic visits.

Learn more

Set up a health assessment


Refugee Health Community Partners and Sponsors

Website provides a brief overview of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Refugee Health Program (RHP), the Minnesota Refugee Health Assessment, and information regarding health requirements for humanitarian parolee arrivals.

Visit website


Health Services Directory for Organizations Serving Diverse Communities

This resource directory of low-cost and immigrant-friendly health services includes a listing of hospitals, clinics, organizations, and services that offer dental services, disability services, domestic violence services and sexual assault services, health services, home health services, hotlines, mental health services, and vision services.

Visit website


Community Health Worker Solutions

Focuses on building pathways for new arrivals to connect with community health workers through the Resettlement Network, to ensure timely health supports for new arrivals with acute and chronic health needs.

Visit website


Accessing Health Care

Medical Assistance/Medicaid

Medical Assistance (MA) is Minnesota’s Medicaid program for people with low income.

Visit website


Refugee Medical Assistance

A federal program providing medical assistance to refugees.

Visit website


African Immigrants Community Services

African Immigrants Community Services provides free face-to-face enrollment assistance in multiple languages for those seeking health coverage.

Visit website



Minnesota-made health insurance marketplace, where Minnesotans can shop, compare, and choose health insurance coverage that meets their needs.

Visit website

Metropolitan Community Services

Metropolitan Community Services provides free in-person enrollment assistance in multiple languages for those seeking MNsure health coverage.

Visit website



MinnesotaCare is a health care program for Minnesotans with low incomes.

Visit website


Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Directory

Use this directory to find health care providers that serve fee-for-service MHCP members. If you receive health care services through a health plan, do not use this directory. Call the health plan customer service number on the back of your health plan ID card or use the provider directory your health plan mailed to you.

Visit website


Bridge to Benefits – MN Low-Cost Heath Care Directory

A list of low-cost or free physical, mental, and dental health care clinics

Visit website


Briva Health

Briva provides free enrollment assistance to Minnesotans seeking health coverage.

Visit website


CAPI provides free navigation and enrollment services in multiple languages for uninsured individuals.

Visit website


Community Health Service INC

A network of federally qualified health centers in Minnesota

Visit website



InsuraLink provides free MNsure navigation in multiple languages.

Visit website


Portico Healthnet

Portico Healthnet provides free assistance in multiple languages with the application, enrollment, and renewal processes for MNsure and Minnesota Health Care Programs.

Visit website


Persons with Disabilities

Disability Hub MN

A free statewide resource network that helps people solve problems, navigate the system, and plan for the future.

Visit website

MN Council on Disability

Resouces, training, technical assistance, and outreach to create a barrier-free Minnesota for persons with disabilities

Visit website


Medical Assistance for Employer Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD)

People with disabilities who work may get health care coverage under a program called Medical Assistance (MA) for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD).

Visit website


Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services

Helps Minnesotans who are deaf, deafblind, and hard of hearing and their families

Visit website


State Services for the Blind

Assist Minnesotans who are blind, deafblind, losing vision, or who have another disability that makes it difficult to read print

Visit website


Disability Minnesota

A single entry point to more than 100 Minnesota state agency programs, products, and services that are devoted to the range of disability issues.

Visit website




Medicare is health insurance for people 65 or older.

Visit website

Call 1-800-633-4227


Senior Linkage Line

Resources for older Minnesotans

Visit website

Call 1-800-333-2433


Social Security

The Social Security program in the United States provides protection against the loss of earnings due to retirement, death, or disability.

Visit website


Children’s Health

Early Intervention – Help Me Grow

Early intervention services for infants and toddlers at risk for developmental delays.

Visit website

Children’s Mental Health

The Department of Human Services supports a range of children’s mental health services across the state, from prevention to crisis response, school programs to treatment.

Visit website


Children and Youth with Special Health Needs (CYSHN)

Programs and information for children with special needs.

Visit website


Minnesota Vaccines for Children (MnVFC) Program

Offers free or low-cost vaccines for eligible children age 18 years and younger

Visit website


Pacer Center

A parent training and information center for families of children and youth with all disabilities from birth through 21 years old

Visit website


Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

A program offering supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition information to low-income women who are pregnant or have children aged birth to five.

Learn more

Find your local clinic


Mental Health

National Alliance on Mental Illness – Minnesota

Provides guidance to people who are trying to navigate the mental health system and identifies resources and treatment that can help

Visit website


MN Warmline

The Minnesota Warmline provides free and confidential peer support via phone / text.

Text “support” to 85511

Call 651-288-0400 or toll-free 855-WARMLINE


Minnesota Association of Community Mental Health Programs

A statewide network of 34 community-based mental health programs

Visit website


Adult Mental Health

Accessible mental health services and supports for adults through MN Department of Human Services

Visit website


Dental Care

Community Dental Care

Nonprofit dental clinic that serves all patients. Accepts all state public programs and most commercial insurances that have open networks. Multicultural staff; 25 languages spoken. Locations in Buffalo, Maplewood, St. Paul, Robbinsdale, and Rochester.

Visit website


Children’s Dental Services (CDS)

Accept all forms of insurance including Medical Assistance, and offer discounted care through an income-based sliding fee scale. Typically able to treat emergencies within 24 to 48 hours. Based in Minneapolis.

Visit website

Call 612-746-1530


Vision Health

The Vision Project (TVP)

Provides medically necessary eye care services and surgeries at no cost for uninsured, low-income patients

Visit website


All Children See

Connects to eye doctors that can provide a comprehensive eye exams. Children qualify for the program if they had a vision screening that caught an eye problem — or if they show signs of vision problems.

Visit website



Offers free eye assessments for babies ages 6 to 12 months

Visit website


EyeCare America

Offers free comprehensive eye exams — and up to 1 year of care — to people age 65 and older and to people at higher risk of glaucoma

Visit website

A county or tribal human services office is the first place to contact for access for most public assistance benefits in Minnesota. Find the specific contact information for your county or tribal nation here.

Refugee Cash Assistance

Cash assistance available to residents who enter the U.S. under humanitarian protection with low incomes.

Visit website


Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)

Federal nutrition program

Visit website

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – The Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)

Cash assistance designed to help low-income families achieve self-sufficiency.

Visit website

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

A program offering supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition information to low-income women who are pregnant or have children aged birth to five.

Learn more

Find your local clinic

Matching Grant

A federal program supporting participants to attain self-sufficiency within 240 days (eight months) of arrival in the United States through financial, case management, and employment support.

Visit website

Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

A program that provides monthly payments to adults and children with a disability or blindness who have income and resources below specific financial limits. SSI payments are also made to people aged 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial qualifications.

Visit website

General Assistance

A program that helps people without children pay for basic needs.

Learn more

Find Housing

Housing Link

Source for affordable housing-related openings, data, information, and resources

Visit website


Housing Link Streams

Lists publicly funded rental housing in Minnesota

Visit website


USDA Multi-Family Rental Search

Affordable housing units in rural counties funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture

Visit website


HUD’s Low-Rent Apartment Search Engine

Affordable housing in Minnesota funded by HUD, HUD offices, local public housing authorities, homeless resources, and elderly and special needs housing funded by HUD

Visit website


Disability Hub MN – Housing Help

Assistance for persons with disabilities to understand housing options and benefits

Call 1-866-333-2466


Assistance with Housing Costs

Housing Emergency Assistance

For families with low incomes experiencing household emergencies. If you’re in immediate danger, please call 911.

Visit website


Low-Income Energy Assistance Program

Helps low-income households meet their immediate home energy needs

Visit website


United Way – Renters Help

Helps residents maintain housing stability

Call 211 (24/7) to speak to a Community Resource Specialist

Visit website


Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County – Emergency Rental Assistance

Limited funding to provide a one-time payment for eligible households for either: emergency rental assistance up to $1,000 per household, or by paying up to $1,000 for the security deposit and/or first month of rent per household

Call 211 (24/7) to speak to a Community Resource Specialist

Visit website


Housing Advocacy


Free and low-cost legal, organizing, education, and advocacy services for renters

Visit website


Housing Benefits 101 – Minnesota

Visit website


Housing Counseling

Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County’s (CAP-HC’s) Renter Counseling

HUD-certified Housing Counselors help navigate the rental process and educate on legal protections. Counselors also help renters develop household budgets, determine financial assistance eligibility, apply for rental assistance, and identify an affordable place to rent.

Visit website


Tenant Resource Center (TRC)

Supports Hennepin County residents who are at risk of eviction or homelessness through a collaborative partnership between community, nonprofits, government, and higher education

Call 612-767-9737


HUD Housing Counseling

HUD sponsors housing counseling agencies throughout the country to provide free or low-cost advice.

Call 800-569-4287

Find a housing counseling agency near you


Renter Rights

Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County (CAP-HC)

Offers workshops designed to answer questions regarding rights and responsibilities as a renter, how fair housing laws protects renters, how affordable housing is calculated, the importance of insurance, and more

Visit website


HUD’s Tenant Rights, Laws and Protections: Minnesota

Offers workshops designed to answer questions regarding rights and responsibilities as a renter, how fair housing laws protects renters, how affordable housing is calculated, the importance of insurance, and more

Visit website


Homelessness Prevention & Assistance

Homeless Services: Coordinated Entry Access Points

If you are experiencing homelessness, are at risk of homelessness, or don’t have a place you can stay for very long, get help from Minnesota’s Coordinated Entry System.

Youth Services Network – Youth Shelters

Helps youth find shelter and services

Visit website

Walk-in or call the crisis line: 612-377-8800


Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)

Provides supportive services and financial assistance, such as rent deposits, rent payments, or utility payments to eligible households that are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness.

Visit website

FHPAP Provider Contact List


Homework Starts with Home

Program focused on addressing homelessness and housing instability among students and their families

Visit website


Hennepin Shelter Hotline

The Hennepin Shelter Hotline serves Hennepin County residents who are seeking emergency shelter by helping them find a safe, temporary place to stay while they work on next steps toward stable housing.

Call 612-204-8200

Community Orientation Workshops through the Resettlement Network

Community Orientation classes are offered to teach participants about life in Minnesota and cover topics such as transportation, housing, finances, education, employment, community resources, and government/pathways to citizenship. Classes are offered in-person or online. Currently, Community Orientation Workshops are not offered for the Northern MN region.


Community Orientation – Twin Cities Metro

Contact: Kaija Bergen

Call 651-377-8199 | Email



Community Orientation – Southern MN

Contact: Ahmed Osman

Call 507-289-5960 ext. 108 | Email


Community Orientation – Central

Contact: Mohamed Haashi

Call 320-204-4257 | Email

Employment services through the Resettlement Network

Key functions of employment services include job placement, job upgrades, and building employer partnerships. To access employment services through the Resettlement Network, please contact the appropriate regional focal point from the below list.


Employment Services – Twin Cities Metro

Contact: Liban Nuur

Email | Call 612-895-9650

Employment Services – Central

Contact: Mohamed Haashi

Email | Call 320-204-4257

Employment Services – Southern

Contact: Ahmed Osman

Email | Call 507-289-5960 ext. 108

Employment Services – Northern

Contact: Amy Feland

Email | Call 218-512-1561


Other employment services

International Institute of MN

Refugee employment services, Career Pathways Programs

Visit website


Resource for job seekers and employers in MN (resume, interview, and job search support)

Visit website



Career Pathways Programs

Visit website


DEED (MN Office of Employment and Economic Development)

Resources for job seekers

Visit website


Workforce Development, Inc

Career planning, skills, and job training in Southeast MN

Visit website



The Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) helps families with children meet their basic needs, while helping parents move to financial stability through work. Parents are expected to work and receive employment services, and along with being supported in working with both cash and food assistance. Most families have a lifetime limit of 60 months on MFIP.


Matching Grant

The Matching Grant program helps refugees and other ORR-eligible populations overcome barriers and quickly find jobs. The intent is for refugees to become economically self-sufficient through employment within 240 days and without accessing cash assistance programs.

Learn more

Local resettlement agencies currently offering the Matching Grant program:

International Institute of Minnesota – St Paul, MN

Call 651-647-0191

Minnesota Council of Churches – Minneapolis, MN

Call 612-874-8605

Catholic Charities Winona Diocese – Rochester, MN

Call 507-287-2047

Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota – Minneapolis, MN

Call 612-871-0221

Driver and Vehicle Services

Information and resources about obtaining a driver’s license

Visit website


Social Security Administration (SSA) Directory – MN

Visit website

Minneapolis Adult Education

Free beginning, intermediate, and advanced ELL classes

Visit website


Literacy Minnesota

Free English classes and other subjects

Visit website


International Institute of MN

Free in-person and online English classes

Visit website


Our Savior’s Community Services

Free English classes

Visit website


Minnesota Childcare Information

Information and resources for parents looking for childcare in Minnesota

Visit website


Childcare Assistance – CCAP

Childcare financial assistance programs

Visit website

Find your local office


Early Learning Scholarships Program

An Early Learning Scholarship can help pay for high-quality childcare and early education to help children get ready for school.

Visit website

To apply for an Early Learning Scholarship – Pathway I, contact the Area Administrator serving your county.


ChildCare Aware – Minnesota Resources

Information about childcare licensing, resources for children with special needs, and other supports for children

Visit website


Postsecondary Childcare Grant

Helps low-income students with young children pay for childcare while the student attends classes

Visit website


Parent Aware

Offers free tools and resources to help families find the quality childcare and early education programs

Visit website


Child Care Resource & Referral Agency (CCR&R)

Child Care Resource & Referral agencies (CCR&Rs) help families find childcare and assist childcare providers with resources for their business.

Find a CCR&R near you


Center for Inclusive Child Care (CICC)

Provides free relationship-based professional development (RBPD) including support, modeling, and resources to childcare programs throughout Minnesota

Visit website


Family, Friend and Neighbor (FFN) Childcare Providers

Family, Friend and Neighbor (FFN) childcare providers offer legal unlicensed childcare

FFN Navigator Locations & Contact List

For more information, please contact gaylene.spolarich@state.mn.us.


Early Childhood Education

Minnesota Head Start Association

A federal program that promotes the school readiness of children ages birth to five from low-income families

Visit website

Find your local Head Start


Help Me Connect

A navigator connecting expectant families, families with young children (birth to 8 years-old), and those working with families to services in their local communities that support healthy child development and family well-being.

Visit website


Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)

The ECFE program is offered through Minnesota public school districts oftentimes in partnership with other community or early learning programs.

Visit website

Find contact information for your school district


K-12 Education

MN Department of Education – English Language and Multilingual Learning

Support for English learners

Visit website


MN Department of Education – English Learner Support

Program uses English Language Proficiency Screeners to determine initial eligibility for English Learner Status and English Language Development Programming

Visit website


Students with Limited Interrupted Formal Education (SLIFE)

The Minnesota Learning English for Academic Proficiency and Success (LEAPS) Act defines SLIFE as an English learner with an interrupted formal education who meets three of the following five requirements: 1)comes from a home where the language usually spoken is other than English, or who usually speaks a language other than English; 2) enters school in the United States after grade six; 3) has at least two years less schooling than the English learner’s peers; 4) functions at least two years below expected grade level in reading and mathematics; and, 5) may be preliterate in the English learner’s native language.

Visit website


Call 651-582-8323


School Enrollment

Students are eligible to attend public school and receive a free public education through age 21.

Statewide enrollment options

Call 651-582-8572



Schools require a health record for children that shows their medical history and vaccines. Families need to ask a doctor or clinic to give them a document showing their child’s immunization record.

Information for parents

Minnesota Vaccines for Children (MnVFC) program (free or low-cost shots)


Minnesota School Districts

Enter your address here to locate your school district.

Contact information & maps


Special Education

Students in special education have a disability and are in need of specialized instruction. A comprehensive evaluation, conducted by a team from the public school, evaluates and identifies these students. For every student who needs special education services, the team develops a special document called an Individualized Education Program (IEP).

Learn more


Call 651-582-8616


Adult Education

Career Technical Education (CTE)

A sequence of courses that integrates core academic knowledge with technical and occupational knowledge and skills to provide students a pathway to postsecondary education and careers

Visit website

General Education Development (GED)

The GED Test Measures High School Academic Equivalency. The GED test consists of four exams designed by the American Council on Education to measure “knowledge and skills at a range of complexity and difficulty levels that are covered across multiple high school grades.”

Visit website

Search for GED Prep classes near you


Minnesota State Colleges and Universities

State system of 26 colleges, 7 universities, and 54 campuses of Minnesota State

Learn more


College Readiness Academy – IIMN

The College Readiness Academy (CRA) is a free program that provides college preparation to new Americans and others who are not yet ready for college and would like additional support navigating higher education.

Visit website

Immigration services through the Resettlement Network

Immigration services assist people with filing Employment Authorization, Lawful Permanent Resident (green card), and citizenship immigration applications. To access immigration services through the Resettlement Network, please contact the appropriate regional focal point from the below list.


Immigration Services – Twin Cities Metro

Contact: Daniel Romero

Email | Call 612-979-6272


Immigration Services – Central MN

Contact: Ann Cofell (based in St. Cloud)



Immigration Services – Southern MN

Contact: Maylary Apolo (Austin, MN) | Email

Contact: Femi Mojekwu (Worthington, MN) | Email

Contact: Phengta Phetsarath (Rochester, MN) | Email

Contact: Jaffer Mohamud (Mankato, MN) | Email


Immigration Services – Northern MN

Contact: Martha Castanon (based in Moorhead)

Email | Call 218-416-3003


Other legal services available outside of the resettlement network

The Advocates for Human Rights

Areas of legal assistance: Asylum applications, T-Visa applications, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status applications, Removal hearings, including for detained immigrants

Visit website

Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota

Areas of legal assistance: Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), employment authorization, family-based petitions, NACARA, Naturalization/Citizenship, removal hearings, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, T visas, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), U visas, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) petitions

Visit website


Mid-MN Legal Aid – Minneapolis Office

Areas of legal assistance: Services include citizenship, permanent residency; vulnerable youth and seniors; refugees and asylees; VAWA and other related issues. Hennepin County and Anoka County.

**Income guidelines applied.

Visit website


Mid-MN Legal Aid – Wilmar Office

Areas of legal assistance: U-Visas; VAWA; immediate family petitions, nunc pro tunc; NACARA, family reunification, LPR and citizenship. Can work with undocumented immigrants. Cannot work on N-600s or
employment-related issues, no defensive removal cases.
**West & Central MN counties: Big Stone, Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, Meeker, Renville, Swift, & Yellow Medicine
**Income guidelines applied.

Visit website


International Institute of MN

Areas of legal assistance: Help refugee, asylees and other immigrants with AOR’s, citizenship, lawful permanent residency, replacement of documents, and other immigration related issues. Central American Minor family reunification. Twin Cities and surrounding areas
**Nominal fees may apply

Visit website


Southern MN Regional Legal Services

Areas of legal assistance: Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, employment authorization, family-based petitions, T visas, U visas, Naturalization/ Citizenship, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) petitions

Visit website


St. Cloud Area Legal Services

Areas of legal assistance: Naturalization and green card applications for refugees, asylees and victims of trafficking. T Visas, U Visas, Work Authorization and VAWA applications. Central MN counties: Stearns, Benton, Sherburne, Wright, Todd, Morrison, Mille-Lacs, Isanti, and Chisago Counties

Visit website


Legal Services of Northwest MN

Areas of legal assistance: Citizenship applications and renewal of LPR; can only work with clients who have legal immigration status (LSC regulations do not permit cases with undocumented immigrants) Northwest Minnesota
**Income guidelines applied

Visit website


Volunteer Lawyers Network

Areas of legal assistance:
1) Advice; most immigration matters
2) Brief service: select immigration matters
3) Pro Se service: asylum
3) Full Representation: citizenship and select immigration matters such as DACA, family-based, Adjustment of Status, U-Visa, citizenship, & other.
VLN also provides services for other civil law matters statewide
**Income guidelines applied

Visit website


Minnesota Council of Churches

Areas of legal assistance: Help for refugees and asylees in family reunification, green cards, citizenship, replacement of documents, work authorization, travel documents, etc., and AOR’s. Twin Cities and surrounding areas
**Nominal fees may apply

Visit website


Lutheran Social Service

Areas of legal assistance: Help refugees and asylees with AOR’s, travel and replacement documents, FOIA’s, green cards, family reunification, citizenship, change of address (statewide)
**Nominal fees may apply

Visit website


Arrive Ministries

Areas of legal assistance: Help refugees, asylees and other immigrants with green cards, family-based visas, TPS, diversity visas, employment authorization, replacement and travel documents, AOR’s, and citizenship (statewide)
** Nominal fees may apply

Visit website


University of Minnesota Law School Center for New Americans Detainee Rights Clinic

Areas of Legal Assistance: Removal hearings for people in detention Must be detained at Sherburne, Ramsey, Carver or Freeborn County, Jail by Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Immigration detainees in MN may call (612) 625-5515 at no expense.
Families/friends, email detainee@umn.edu.

Welcome Corps


Report cases of fraud (for example, individuals asking for money in exchange for becoming a private sponsor or to assist in submitting an application)



Wage Theft (MN Dept. of Labor and Industry)

Labor Standards will help you file a wage claim to resolve cases of unpaid wages

Contact for free help in filing a wage claim:

Call 651-284-5075 or 800-342-5354 | Email


MNOSHA Compliance (MN Dept. of Labor and Industry)

Minnesota has its own Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MNOSHA). Employees have the right to file complaints about workplace safety and health hazards.


Workers’ Compensation (MN Dept. of Labor and Industry)

The Workers’ Compensation Division oversees and administers the workers’ compensation system in Minnesota. Worker’s Compensation Division Help Desk live support is available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Call 651-284-5005 (press 3) or 800-342-5354 (press 3) | Email


Public Safety

MN Crime Victim Support Line

Helpline with advocates available 24/7 to assist in seeking support, information, and referrals

Learn more
Call 1-866-385-2699 or Text 612-399-9977


Office of the Minnesota Attorney General

Government office offering resources for legal rights and public protection in Minnesota

Call 651-296-3353 (Twin Cities area) or 800-657-3787 (outside the Twin Cities area)


Victim Service Provider Directory

The Directory of Crime Victim Service Programs in Minnesota is a listing of government and nonprofit organizations that serve victims of crime.

Violence, Human Trafficking, and Exploitation

MN Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA)

​Statewide nonprofit organization providing general information about sexual assault issues and referrals to local programs

Find an advocate near you

Call 651-209-9993


MN Day One Crisis Line

24/7 helpline that connects calls with an advocate trained in supporting victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking who can help find a shelter and services in your area

Visit website

Call 1-866-223-1111 or Text 612-399-9995 any time (24/7) for services through text, web chat, or a phone call


Domestic Violence Survivors

List of shelter and housing options for victims/survivors of domestic violence or sexual violence

Visit website


Civil Society

Nonprofit providing culturally and linguistically specific legal services and case management to victims of human trafficking, sexual assault, and abuse

Visit website

Call 612-664-5600


Safe At Home Program

Minnesota address confidentiality program that assists survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking by providing a substitute address for people who move or are about to move to a new location unknown to their aggressors

Visit website

Call 651-201-1399 (Metro Area)

Call 1-866-723-3035 (Greater MN)


Sexual Violence Center

24/7 Crisis Support line: free respectful, confidential services to survivors, their friends, and their families

Visit website

Call 612-871-5111


Safe Harbor Minnesota

Supportive services and shelter/housing for victims/survivors of commercial sexual exploitation, sex trafficking, labor trafficking, and exploitation

Visit website

Find a Safe Harbor Regional Navigator near you


National Human Trafficking Hotline

Visit website

Call 1-888-373-7888


24/7 Hotline

Report suspected exploitation/trafficking

Call 651-793-7000


Adult and Child Abuse

MAARC – Adult Abuse Reporting

Report suspected vulnerable adult abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation

Visit website

Call 1-844-880-1574


Minnesota’s County and Tribal Child Protection Agencies

To report concerns about child abuse, neglect, or sexual abuse, contact the county or reservation where the child lives during business hours. If the child is in immediate risk of harm, please contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911.



Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline

24/7 national hotline staffed with professional crisis counselors who — through interpreters — provide assistance in more than 170 languages. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources.

Visit website

Call 1-800-422-4453


Mental Health

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources, and best practices for professionals in the United States

Call 988

Throughout Minnesota, call CRISIS (274747)


Crisis Text Line

Provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need

Text MN to 741741


Minnesota Farm and Rural Helpline

Free, confidential, 24/7 helpline for farmers and those in rural MN

Visit website

Call 833-600-2670


Text FARMSTRESS to 898211


Mental Health Crisis Teams

Crisis teams, made up of mental health professionals, can travel to an individual’s location and assess the situation. They provide stabilization services, intervention services, crisis prevention planning, referral to other professionals, and follow-up services. The crisis teams are available by phone 24/7.

Call the team in your area:

Anoka County: 763-755-3801

Carver County: 952-442-7601

Dakota County: 952-891-7171

Washington County: 651-275-7400

Ramsey County: 651-266-7900 (adults) | 651-266-7878 (children)

Scott County: 952-818-3702

Hennepin County: 612-596-1223


Urgent Care for Adult Mental Health

Provides service to adults (ages 18 and over) in Ramsey County who are experiencing a mental health or chemical health crisis. Walk-in services include access to an onsite team of psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, and trained peer support staff that provide person-centered, recovery-focused care.

Visit website


Cope: Mobile Crisis Response

The Cope mobile crisis team can come to anyone in Hennepin County who needs an urgent response, 24/7

Call 612-596-1223 (Hennepin County)

Call 274747 (outside the county)

Visit website

The Resettlement Programs Office works with federal, state and local partners to assist families to build well-being and contribute to a stronger Minnesota. It provides federally funded services through regional resettlement networks. These networks provide a variety of coordinated services with a whole family approach for people under humanitarian protection who have been in the U.S. less than five years. Services within the Resettlement Network include Family Assisters, Family Coaches, Employment Services, Immigration Services, Community Orientation Workshops and Community Health Workers.

Family Assisters

Key functions of Family Assisters are getting immediate help and connecting to resources outside of the resettlement network. Examples of supportive services that they assist with are county assistance navigation, interpreting, reading mail, ELL enrollment, housing search, emergency assistance, childcare and elder care, Drivers Ed classes and other supportive services.

Family Assister – Twin Cities Metro

Contact: Bruce Yang

Email | Call 612-465-0556

Family Assister – Southern

Contact: Ahmed Osman

Email | Call 507-289-5960 ext. 108

Family Assister – Central

Contact: Mohamed Haashi

Email | Call 320-204-4257

Family Assister – Northern

Contact: Amy Feland

Email | Call 218-512-1561


Family Coaches

Key functions of Family Coaches are student academic support, high school transitions, and career and vocation guidance. Examples of supportive services include education and career mentoring/planning, K-12 academic or behavior interventions, student advocacy, and facilitating parent-school engagement.

Family Coaches – Twin Cities Metro

Contact: Lah Tha Pwee

Email | Call 651-202-6064

Minneapolis School District 1

Contact: Mahdi F. Egal

Email | Call 612-668-1203

St. Paul Public Schools

Contact: Myrna Abrego

Email | Call 651-767-8148

Family Coaches – Southern

Contact: Ahmed Osman

Email | Call 507-289-5960 ext. 108

Family Coaches – Central

Contact: Mohamed Haashi

Email | Call 320-204-4257

Contact: Abdishukri Abdi

Email | Call 320-227-1315

Family Coaches – Northern

Contact: Amy Feland

Email | Call 218-512-1561


Resettlement network services can be accessed through any of the network’s providers.

Locate the closest Resettlement Network service provider near you

To learn about Minnesota’s refugee resettlement program, regional resettlement networks that provide coordinated services with a whole family approach for people under humanitarian protection, as well as other important information about benefits and services, visit the Minnesota Resettlement Programs Office website.

To learn about Minnesota’s Refugee and International Health Program, including important information for sponsors about refugee health, scheduling a refugee health assessment, and health education materials for refugees, visit the Minnesota Department of Health website.